Assisting Pre-Hospital Emergency Care
The Office of Emergency Services Division of EMS assists in the coordination and training of pre-hospital emergency care in Clinton County.
- Provides technical and administrative support to local emergency medical services agencies.
- Investigates and develops recommendations dealing with problems affecting the EMS system.
- Administers training programs and services for EMS agencies.
- Coordinates with medical control and for County wide quality assurance projects.
- Administers EMS Mutual Aid plan.
- Serves as information resource to governmental and local agencies (including hospitals and ambulance services) regarding EMS.
- Agency representative for State and Regional EMS Councils and County EMS Advisory Board.
- Administers County supported Critical Incident Stress Management Program.
- Responds to major incidents including severe trauma, MCI and Hazardous Materials incidents.
Responsible for staffing the EMS desk at the county Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
NYS EMT training reimbursment vouchers can be obtained in the EMS Office. A guidance document and sample completed voucher can be found by clicking the following links.